A very fancy site with loads of animations may look like the best design. These are great impression maker websites. But will this bring business is questionable. Such sites get high hit rate because users want to view the design and not because they are interested in the content of the website.
Search Engines are intelligent. They don’t get carried by glitz and glitter as do human eyes. To them content is important. If the search engine encounters too many complicated animations and design features, it is restricted from parsing through the content of the site fully. This will affect the indexing too and result in low ranking of the portal due to low SEO.
Web design tips for better SEO
- The quantity of text content should be more than that of animations for better SEO
- Avoid use of frames. Search engine hate to see frames.
- Avoid posting ads , especially the ones that zoom into the portal from no where. These use Java Script which is not friendly with SEO.
- Avoid using Java Script as it prevents the spiders to go past the home page. Even if its has to be used it should be called from and external file and a text link should be included at the bottom of the page.
- Avoid using too many directories. More directories impact SEO.
- Lastly, the keyword density of the page content is important. There are varying opinions on the density – while some experts feel it should be 5% , others quote 10 to 20% in an article of 200 words.