White Hat SEO Techniques are the ethical ways and fair means to boost web page ranking. Let us understand the different types White Hat techniques.
- Quality Content: However you try to promote the page, unless there is good content it will not appeal to the masses. What a defines good content ? For this you have to put yourself in the place of the customer towards whom you are targeting your website. For example, if its a product or service, customers will like to get complete information about it. Incomplete or unclear information will not help them at all . Therefore, a portal that just gives a brief introduction and asks the people to contact them for further details will get lower ranking than the one which gives in-depth description of whats and hows.
- Use of Mark up language: Semantically structuring the contents and headings is a good practice for SEO. Using style sheets such CSS to organize the design and separate out the contents gives a clean presentation of the code as well make it easier for the search to understand the elements of the website. The contents should be placed in appropriate headings as the search engines gives special emphasis to the heading.
- Meta Data and Titles: the Meta tags and description used to carry a lot of weight but this feature has been exploited extensively resulting in the loss of luster. However it’s still important to give appropriate headings. The page title also plays vital role. It indicates what the page would be offering. So it’s wise to give appropriate page name for SEO.
- Keyword Usage: Before commencing on creating the content of the website, its wise to do research on the kind of keywords that would be indexed by search engines. It’s always better to use more than one keyword to describe the content.These should be used in the following places – Title, Meta Description, Meta keywords, Heading Elements,<H1>, <H2>,Text, Alt Tag, Title Tag, Links
- Quality Links: Links can be good or bad for the website. When you have inbound links from website that are ranked high by search engines, then they have positive effects on the ranking of the website. Importantly these should be relevant to the product or service or information in question. Bad links are the ones which are irrelevant to the content of the page. Also, these links may not be regarded very well by search engines and sometimes banned too.
White hat SEO is fair and recommended technique to increase website traffic.